Saturday, April 26, 2014

Photo Essay: The Glorious Moment of Katb El Kitab

By Youmna El Sherbiny

Katb el Kitab, the official marriage ceremony, is a tradition of the Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, so that the couple doesn't find difficulties in interacting with one another but rather to be legally married. It is such a bittersweet occasion for the father of the bride as he feels that she will be someone else’s responsibility and will go away; yet, happy because she is starting a new life with her beloved.Although I am not married yet but this event relates to me very much as ever since I lost my father, I imagine how he would have felt on such a special day, particularly because we always had talks about such events and related ones. This event was one of the closest to my heart as it is the marriage of one of my dearest friends;Rana Ibrahim getting married to Mohamed Rashed.


No comments:

Post a Comment